Thursday, November 06, 2008

GREAT JOB

This is a wonderful sentiment. You know the idea you did great at something. Make a person feel so proud.

From the point of view in terms of inspiration the emphasis is on the pride part. Making a person feel about what he or she did.

For me this is not really about whether the person actually did a good job. It is about making them think they did.

At least that is my view. What I’m striving for here is the idea that I want people to be able to improve.

Now if you rip out their hearts that isn’t as likely to happen. You are not very likely to get their respect or appreciation.

Some seem to think that criticism will inspire people to improve. But I haven’t found that to be the case.

And honestly lying doesn’t always work either. You need to have a better approach. Because most people know if they did well.

Now the best way to improve the problem is with a bribe. Appeal to people’s basic sense of greed.

Yep, that might sound silly, but after all how many people work for free? They work to make a buck.

So we are talking the same principle. Just on a broader scale. And that is simple to follow. Well if you apply it right.

Which is what I feel I do. My approach gets results. Now I’m also a realists too. Meaning I don’t just get into the mindset that I can’t work at this a little.

I just need to keep it in balance. Mainly be sure all the people I deal with know they can get more rewards for trying more.

The tricky part is knowing how much the person can really improve. Now that can be hard to access at times.

Does take practice to get it to work right. And I do manage it. Yep, I really do. Not without a few mistakes.

But then I know those folks will benefit from the lessons they learned. Yep, that is the important part.

At least it feels good to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home