Monday, November 03, 2008

AGREEMENTS

Well for a guy like me these are gold. A pure chance to make a sucker out of people and feel good about it.

People are so vulnerable when you have a contract. If something is in writing they are happy.

It might be totally worthless, but they don’t mind. As long as it is in print, then everything is fine.

Sure helps me that is for sure. I love it. Such a great chance to you know make them feel secure.

And if you work it right then you have succeeded in ripping them off. You have love that option.

Course this is where I shine. Using all the legal language and fine print to make them think it is official.

The whole time it is just formal BS. Another tasty morsel for the gullible. And I do love it so.

Now I won’t say it doesn’t ever have a single shred of truth. Because there are times even I want it to be real.

Mainly on that rare occasion when I’m dealing with a person that I might care about. It is rare, but it happens.

So for those situations I really do my best to make sure I try and understand the contract myself. This can be tough.

I’m not sure anyone really can grasp their meaning. But the lawyers who draft them seem to charge enough for them.

That is why I have more than one copy. Oh yeah, I make sure I don’t get suckered into making a mistake of paying for them twice.

Really is too much on the issue of profit. So you have to have a balance here. Not easy to come by at times.

But I am glad when it happens. Which is generally when I have the time to deny everything.

Now that is a wonderful time. I can say, “ah, well I think you missed this detail.” And I will be so happy.
They will want to kill, but that’s life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home