Friday, October 24, 2008

MODERATION

A wonderful theory. No where a realistic option. I mean that in my experience this doesn’t happen.

I think it is basically a question of what type of indulgence you are going to vent your needs. Yep, that appetite is going to be fed someway.

Now the critical issue is making sure you can help the people. Which is how I prefer to view it.

Essentially it is a matter of finding out what motivates. Where is their special button located.

Then you focus to make sure you don’t let them get away with excusing their obsession and pretending they don’t have one. Takes time to build that confidence.

Afterwards life gets so much easier. You take this person from their sadness to their secret happy place.

Yep, you can’t deny the benefit of that. And it is just a matter of interpretation. You have to whittle away at those excuses.

Sort of like they are a stack of dominoes waiting to be pushed over. You find the end and tap and the rest fall in place.

Got to love it. I always feel so happy when I manage to help some suffering soul earn a decent smile.

Just really does give me reason to celebrate. And depending on the person, we can celebrate together.

Now all you have to do is find some special way to nudge them out of the need to pretend. To make sure they know you are helpful.

One does have to be careful. You can’t set back and keep acting like it doesn’t matter. Which it never does in reality.

But you can’t tell them that. Instead this is one of those great opportunities to render a great service.

Which never comes for free naturally. But I don’t tell them that obviously. Nope, not for the first few times.

Only after they decide they can’t live without your help. Then comes the fee. And you have to truly enjoy the process.

I do whenever I get those green back thank yous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home