Friday, September 26, 2008

THE WAY IT HAS TO BE

Well such a blessing this is. Those rare and precious moments when you are stuck. No choice left, but to follow a given option.

You know it is going to suck, you know it will be a crappy option, but it is the only one you have. So you live with it.

Now I have found my own means of coping. A nice alternative to be sure that I don't get too depressed over such things.

Basically, I share the misery. Because for me this is mainly something that happens at work.

All those disgusting chores forced on me as a mayor. Not quite a reason to get excited, but so much more blessed when I escape them.

How do I do that? I find some patsy to take my place. I'm not talking about them pretending to be a mayor.

I take the time to be sure they have the chance instead to feel they were being honored. This I do by giving them some special attention.

You know pile on the crap so they feel blessed. And if I work it right they will end up with a swelled head.

This is my goal. Hopefully it will last till after they find out they were suckered into some pathetic chore.

Which the big chore is to try and not let this end up in a way where they think it is a bad deal. I want them proud.

I want them to be able to honestly have a reason to think they are gods. Well sort of. More like heroes.

Yep, you can't do more than to leave the person imagining they are some honest-to-goodness hero. Toss in a cheap plaque or plastic trophy and even better.

But then you never can predict the person who doesn't have an ego. They are the ones you have to watch out for.

With them it is tricky. You have to be sure that you find out what appeals to them. The good news for the ones without an ego money often doesn't work either.

So instead you are always going to have the chance to get their help for some cheap alternative. Depending on what they love.

Most of the time it is food, candy works great. Cheap enough to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home