Monday, August 04, 2008

PLEADING THE FIFTH

Well, I know the connotation with this. You have something to hide and this is a way to keep from admitting it.

So even if you aren't really guilty. It doesn't matter. Because you are assumed to be so by others.

Now the thing is there might be plenty of reason to take the fifth other than fear of being found out you are guilty. Sometimes it is fear of embarrassment.

I mean if you are say truly in need of preserving you reputation and don't want to be thought of as stupid then you may not want some facts known. So it is like, no way, I'm not spilling my guts.

It is a very essential detail to not forget. And actually it has worked to my favor in many situations.

Because when I con somebody and then set them up to take a fall, they will not likely want to admit to anyone they were stupid. That adds to their pain.

So instead they will normally avoid answer any details. You just have to be sure they can't prove you were responsible.

Now it does take the pride out of the situation. Means no boasting rights. That can be hard when cons are something you consider to be artwork.

And you naturally want to be able to boast on the issue. But if you do then everyone finds out you were the author.

And that never ends up being a good thing. You just end up having to be content with the victory.

Which is the best part. Providing your ego can handle it. Then you just suddenly find yourself in a position of wishing.

And that is where you really have to be careful. Because if you get tired of just savoring your victory then you might give in to the urge for more.

But that does work for me. For I am not one who savors pain. And I definitely don't have any plans on that option.

Seen a few who have. Oh my are they are so giddy over their success. So they lose sight of the danger.

But then later when the judge reads their sentence, well it isn't time for celebration. Ah, well I do smile at the lessons some times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home