Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TRY OUTS

Well there are all kinds of try outs. Most don't get call that. This is mainly related to things like sports.

And maybe acting. But it goes unmentioned in the realm of other things. Such as work. You don't find employers calling it a try out. Or even a chance at back when they are considering you for a promotion.

Nope that is never where it heads. But you can bet it is how it turns out. Because they will remember if you struck out.

Oh they will remember if you hit a home run too. Only they may treat that as something to determine if they can take credit for the score.

So you end up making the team. Only you are left on the bench in terms of attention. So you get the chance to wear a uniform, but not to really play.

However, I support this approach. I honestly do. And mainly because I get to pitch. Oh I guess I never had any time when I didn't play.

But then I sort of got drafted by the fact that my grandfather did own the team. Well in a manner of speaking.

See he was the Mayor in my city years ago. And had plenty of connections that became mine in due time.

So for me it wasn't much of a try out. It was more of a draft. And I'm hardly complaining though.

Fun to be able to make others try out and give them the impression I am doing the same or did it in the past. Gives them the illusion I care.

That way they don't get upset when I am telling them it is easy. How they can pass any test and be happy about the illusion it is all easy.

I figure you know I have a right to be entertained too. And what better way to accomplish it than through the fun of stress.

Fun for me at least. Yep, got to smile about it. Can't let it bother you. Just play the game. Well I get to make up the rules.

And that I never mention. Just gives me the special thrill of seeing them try to live up to what I can't do myself.

Yep, I could be so happy when this becomes part of my dad. As for the applicants, well that depends on how much they groan from the try outs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home