Sunday, July 27, 2008

HOME ALONE

Unless you are eight years old and wake up to feel you are abandoned, this is probably a good option. For some of us a true blessing.

Now I do admit that I am often not able to savor time alone at home. Somebody always seem to be home.

Or if I play hooky from work, the people seem to find that day as a special reason to come and find me. And that ruins the joy of solitude.

Just completely take the edge off the happy. Now the hard part is when my wife and I both want this time by ourselves.

This becomes a chore of figuring out, which of us can lie best about being sick. And let me tell you we both are good actors.

So the practical approach is to try and figured out a time when I know she has some demands on her time. That was we don't have to lie about it.

I imagine she does it too. And so it becomes this nice little game we play. Sort of a matter of asking, which one of us has the best hookey strategy.

This can be tricky. I mean we are both very practiced at this thing. Heck I'm sure we both have lists of excuses too.

Still, I must confess that I would be happier if I won all the time. But then my wife does have advantage.

All her chores can be pushed around. Changed to fit her needs. Whereas I have the duties of Mayor to work on.

This means no sneaking away without a lot of effort. Doesn't mean it is impossible, just needs a working strategy.

About the only good to come out of the chaos is the joy of the back up plan. That is the type where I find a place to hide if home is occupied.

Oh it isn't that hard. Motels work great. But the do have to be out of town. Too many know my car.

And that means I can't rent on either. Because the darn rental people will rat me out. Even with a bribe.

Got to hate when that happens. But that is okay, since I always find alternatives. Which is why my assistant had more than one car.

And I have spare keys, including the trunk where I keep my disguises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home