Saturday, May 03, 2008

NOT ME

Ah, the ultimate dodge. The perfect hideaway from the truth. A place to go where nobody can bust you.

Well that is my interpretation. Which is because it works for me best to face it life this way.

I just love the artful dodge. The chance to point the finger at somebody else. It is a real joy.

And you never know when this will be such a blessing. I know I savor it for all those qualities.

This is one of the basics of survival for me. An elemental aspect to getting through any crisis without getting a knife in the back.

But then you know this is one of those parts of being a person that some don't want to accept. And that is a shame.

As for me, well I do manage to focus on the important parts. I mean you can spend your life imagining that it is all worth it.

By that I mean truth. A lot of people see that as essential. However, it falls short of actually being realistic.

You can speak all day about values and morals. They are noble ideals, but they won't pay the bills.

And it doesn't matter at times when you have values if you are broke. That really is not a good feeling.

So I prefer to take time to assess what will help my bank book survive. And nothing does that very well except bucks.

And if that means you have to sacrifice a few lies and values to get ahead then no big deal. Just be happy you can do it.

Well it sure does make things simple. Yep, a little math of self will do it every time. Add it up right and then you can smile.

Make a mistake and you're in big trouble. Because your bank will be overdrawn and all your values won't help.

Alas this is the truth we must accept. That money is not everything, but neither is being broke.

Case closed in my book, which is in the black!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home