Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DOING IT RIGHT

Would be nice if right was the same as success. At times I would settle for it being even competent.

But it doesn't work out that way. Nope doing right doesn't always bring rewards. I know that sounds great.

A terrific theory. Maybe even a fabulous type of fairy tale dreams. But not reality or even close.

All of this is common knowledge. Not that we enjoy it, but we are aware of it. And that is the part we hate.

Because we want fairness. We want to believe that following rules will get us a break and not following them will get us punished.

And making it worse we set up our legal system on the same premise. A very positive and idealistic choice.

But I do give people credit for trying. A whole of lies and delusion really goes a long way to help the fantasy.

None of which changes what actually takes place. And that is the part that I focus on, which keeps me sane.

See the core issue here is that we can't have it both ways. You can't have greed and morality and make it all have logic.

Now my way of coping is obvious. If you are in a game where there winners is fixed, then cheat.

Oh I know that sounds silly. All that business about how you playing the game being what counts.

Well I'm sorry, but I would rather win. And you can be sure I sure give that my best shot. And you know I will.

Just have to ignore this silly notion that keeping the rules is a smart option. Oh yeah, that sounds so moral.

Most likely it was said by somebody who didn't keep the rules. Yeah, that would be how I would see it.

That is okay. I can live with success as a consequence. Won't even stop pretending I will keep the rules either.
Well as long as somebody is watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home