Friday, May 09, 2008

CATHEDRALS

Well this is not going to be about the usual things you would associate with a cathedral. However interesting that might seem to some, that is not my focus.

I want to talk about something else. Essentially the edifices that are erected to inspire a different kind of worshipping.

Speaking of things such as banks. Yes, I said banks. Maybe you might not think of them in that terms, but I do.

Now tell me that none of you ever see money as something deserving of being treated as a form of deliverance. Bet you thought I was going to say god huh?

Well I wasn't. I didn't need to. Enough people think that way already. They just don't bother to admit it.

Which is the reason I mention it. I think we would benefit from more honesty on this subject.

What we need to do is get them motivated to see money as a religion. Let's make bankers into priests.

Then banks could be churches. Which to me would make things so much easier. I really like the appeal of drive through worship services.

Then you could have ATM's serve as confessional. You know speak into the hidden microphone and then for a small transaction fee you are forgiven for any sins.

Plus if that isn't work for you. Then you could handle the whole thing on the internet. You got to admit that would be a plus.

I do think we need to have a little more balance on this. And one could even offer the option of paradise.

Okay, true this would come in form of tickets to an amusement park. Honestly, that is the part which I think would truly appeal.

Yeah, you get forgiven for you sins and also a chance to ride the rollercoaster as a bonus. Now wouldn't that be cool?

Well, I can appreciate how some might not agree to see it in such away. Alas that is a problem.

Still I think it has merit. And that is part I would think really be a plus for so many. Just a question of how much fun we want to have.

And that I imagine would work for a lot if we are willing to give it a shot. But can't say if that will work till we put a few pews in a bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home