Wednesday, April 09, 2008

DRINK YOUR JUICE

When I was a kid this was practically a religion. Yeah, a really important deal. As if the world would end if I miss a drop.

Course I tested that theory a few times and found it to never be true. And let me tell you I found the world survived just fine.

Boy is that a big discovery too. It is tied to finding out your parents lie a lot, it sure makes a big difference in one's thinking.

Which is the one thing I do try and face with a certain appreciation that juice isn't life. But it is fun if you drink the right flavor.

When I was a kid that revolved around drinking orange juice. And I'm not saying I have anything against it.

Other than it doesn't taste good if it is sour. A definite drawback from my view. Which is why I never quite found it that tasty.

So I tolerated it when it was less than sweet and definitely not that appealing. But that is what inspired me to do better.

Which translated in finding a juice I could enjoy. That was a challenge for a while. A very long while to be honest.

The eventually one I found that satisfied was with the addition of a little alcohol. I won't say everyone would share my view, but it sure was tasty.

And after all the important thing is that I drank my juice. Which was extra important from my view.

Didn't quite seem to work for my parents. Especially if they smelled liquor on my breath. But I did try to avoid that risk once I figured out it meant trouble.

Then I grew up and became an adult. Ah the freedom. To taste what I wanted when I wanted it.

I tell you that really made a difference for me. And let me tell you that just is so much more pleasant when you aren't force to drink it.

Part of me still wonders if orange juice wouldn't be better. But then I am happy with I get juiced.

That really makes it worth while. No a perfect solution and then what is perfect. But that is okay.

I'm coping even with a hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home