Friday, April 04, 2008

WAGERS

Betting is not always a good thing. It can be fun, but only if you actually win. Losing just plain sucks.

So I don't mind wagers as long as I get to win. Which never happens unless you have some special advantage.

And believe me I make sure those are there also. Oh you can be sure that really is a great priority.

But then I have to take things to a level where I have some control over the results. I know that doesn't qualify to some as betting, but I like it.

Which is why I take the simple approach here. Wagers are best when you know you have nothing to lose.

Basically to be sure that whatever I wager doesn't come out of my pocket. Yeah, somebody else's is cool, but not mine.

Now the great joy comes from making sure I convince somebody else to foot the bill. It really isn't that complicated.

And trust me that is so satisfying. Which is the great part if I work it right. That happens most of the time.

Well sort of. Actually there are times when it doesn't, but I lie about it. Just make sure they never know I made the whole thing up.

This gets tricky when the wager turns out to be a bust. Then it leaves me with problems. Well until I can think of a good enough lie.

But you know the key is to be sure the sucker doesn't know he's been sucked. That is matter of diversion.

Got to come up with a big enough story to explain why the wager failed. And that is best done with a sincere look.

That does take practice, but I have managed. And even to the point that I can make the person think it was painless.

Now that is artistry of con at its best. Which I take pride in having it work so well. Yep, really give such joy.

You just can't put a price tag on such moments. Well I can, but since I made some poot dumb sap pay for it, I feel less than concerned on cost.

Just explaining where the tab came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home