Wednesday, April 02, 2008

RAIN

Everyone talks about the rain as a good thing when it is raining somewhere else. If it is raining on you, forget it.

So the subtle truth in this is that we don't mind when life pisses on somebody else, but sure hate when it soaks us. Essentially, we are talking selfishness.

And that is a very basic rule of life. A great source of appreciating truth. That in the long run we are only concerned about getting our own umbrella.

Now tell me that isn't truth? Tell me in the right situation that isn't reality? I'm just being honest here.

I just wish more people were willing to do the same. But alas that doesn't happen enough.

Instead we get fairy tales. Little stories we invent to make it sound like we will always think of somebody else before ourselves.

That works for some people. A few wonderful myths to make our day feel so good. Only if it really worked.

But the prove is in the evidence. When the rains come it is every one for themselves. And I feel like including myself in that group.

Just doesn't always end up with others willing to stand in the same line. Nope that is not our option.

I really don't mind the company though. It can get kind of boring under that shelter when everyone else is getting drenched.

I suppose it would be nice to share. And I don't mind that much. Sometimes you know it is just a matter of determining the fee charged.

After all you know one needs to be realistic. Profit is important. And you can't rule out its value.

Just figure the best way to inspired generosity is to give them a little greed. Make it worth their while and they will always fork over the cash.

A receipt is needed naturally. Perhaps not the kind that you want to celebrate, but nice to have just the same.

Oh well that is how life goes at times. As for me, I don't mind. I got my umbrella where I can reach it.
Just not where you will find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home