Tuesday, April 01, 2008

FLOWERS

This is one of those mushy subjects. Like getting back to nature, savoring the clouds and all that other stuff that ends up in a poem.

Not saying poems are bad. Got to allow for a little variety in life. Verse works for some. As for me, well I like a different kind of poetry.

The kind that involves writing under some bed sheets. Yeah, I know that is tacky, but hey why pretend?

Come on now admit it, beauty is nice, but a little bumping and groaning that leads to starch in the right places doesn't hurt either. Nothing wrong with the right kind of fire.

As long as you don't get burnt. That is very important. Because heat is cool, scars really suck. You can quote me on that one if you wish.

I think it is worth remembering. Those precious little thoughts that can curl your petunia. The ideas that are able to wilt your daffodil.

Er, guess I'm getting a tad dingy here. But something as sappy as nature admiration can make a person dingy.

Which is why I work hard to avoid such distractions. If you want to mingle with nature and mess with insects, cool.

I think I will stay home and play footsie with a different kind of nature. And that really works good when all the outdoorsmen are off loving the woods.

Then I go over and comfort the neglected housewives. Yeah, that will really be a good option.

My kind of back to nature and roughing it. And I sure have camped out in that garden a few times.

But see that is what makes life so wonderful. Happy to find a little a joy in the middle of all the fun.

Just have to watch out that all the hunting doesn't lead to the wrong kind of prey. No reason that will help.

If in the end you bag your limit and end up with extra catch about nine months later that is not cool. And you sure don't want to need a marriage license afterwards.

So just few little helpful hints to tide you over during your, er, nature walks. Now that ought to help.

Hope so at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home