Sunday, April 13, 2008

BET YOU CAN'T

Wagers of doubt that drive you nuts. Because you can't expect to collect. Just wish you had a way to make it happen.

You they are stupid to begin so you make some ridiculous bet. And you are very quick to forget it when you lose.

Fortunately, the person you bet with doesn't care either. They are happy to have the satisfaction of saying I told you so.

Oh yeah that is the worst part. You can be sure nobody likes to be told that. It normally comes right after you really wanted to forget you were left looking like a moron.

Not quite the reward you wish for trying to be a prophet. But it never stops us from continuing to predict things.

And regardless of how many times we blow it we still are ready to do it again in another occasion. Like we take pride in such things.

But the only redeeming aspect is that nobody is keeping tract. They are not holding onto a record book to tell us when we are totally inaccurate.

I am grateful because I sure wouldn't want to have that made public. It would take too much time to create good lies about.

And who needs extra effort in that department? I sure don't. I have enough time invested in such things.

But then I guess I could stop being stupid and not do this again. I would love to decide that I could be so in control.

However, I know that isn't going to happen. Not while I still have a brain. Which sort of means for the rest of my life.

Not quite the future I had dreamed of. And you know I will always cherish when I am right.

Even though you don't get to collect on those wagers either. Same rule as when you forget your bet when you lose.

I don't mind. I love the idea of being able to play the game of betting. And even though it only costs me in terms of pride, I enjoy it.

But perhaps I'll feel about it different some day. Have no idea when. Would be before I play the jerk again.
One can hope at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home