Sunday, March 23, 2008

ARTIFACTS

Ruins of dreams and hopes left lying on the mind's floor. Ah very poetic if I do say so. Maybe not quite true all the time, but we wish it was.

I have the problem with this. I have to deal with other people's artifacts. Boring! Oh yeah it sucks.

I mean I don't really need to hear their life story do I? Okay I do have to give them a certain allowance for whining.

What can I say? You got to make allowances for such things. People who vote for you sort of expect that kind of attention.

I just never say that is fun. No, no, no, no, no. Which is why I work hard on doing what I can to divert them elsewhere.

Oh it does mean listening. But only long enough to make them thing I care. Which I almost do.

However, in the end the best part is moving them onto a different plateau of thinking. One where they can truly enjoy the fun of thinking in terms of letting someone else get bored by this.

Now if I work it right, I introduce them to another whiner. Oh yeah that really is a good option.

When you do that with the right results you create friends. They love it. And they might avoid bothering you again.

That is always a good choice. Just a chance to nearly make it feel like you did a good deed.

Which then gives you a chance to brag about it. And they get to share the artifacts they can keep for themselves.

Yep, that is a joy. I feel so blessed when I do that. Really does make things so much easier in the long run.

Unless their artifacts include safety deposit boxes with lots of money inside. Then I might listen more.

Right up to the point I clean out the safety deposit box. Now that the kind of artifact that gets my attention.

At least till I find a new artifact to make me day. There are plenty of them to be sure that count in more ways than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home