Monday, January 07, 2008

GIVE IT THEN TAKE IT AWAY

Yep, this is a great philosophy that I enjoy. A chance to build people's hopes and then crush them. I love it.

There is something truly marvelous about giving people hope. That I truly savor. I really enjoy seeing that sparkle in their eyes.

Then later to totally crush them by taking it away. I mean it really is amazing what that kind of impact has on some people.

And if I work it right, they never even realize I planned the whole deal. Yep, it is such a treat.

Now as a Mayor this is so easy to accomplish. A few promises to you know get them thinking life will improve.

And how they just seem to get so trusting the moment you offer them a hand out. It sure does inspire the greed.

It is wonderful how some people can show the most selfish side of their nature if they are inspired by what they think is a free gift. And it will actually make some very human or nice.

That is the upside. Really enjoy when I see a jerk act like a human being. That makes it all worth while.

But then I can't forget he was a jerk in the first place. So that means I have to figure a way to totally see he gets treated like a jerk.

And that means a speech. A wonderful heart felt speech of regret. I've even gotten skilled at forcing tears.

That so is the best part. They really believe it. And they are still crushed, but not for a second do they think it is my fault.

What can I say? That is truly a work of art. If you can rip out a guy's heart and make him think it wasn't on purpose, that is pure magic.

I just have such a joy when this act all goes as planned. And it gives me such satisfaction to smile when they are sobbing.

Now the ultimate is when you convince them to give you a chance to do it again. I love that part.

But then it is all a matter of timing. Like right away so they don't have a chance to think about it being a pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home