Friday, January 18, 2008

FILM AT ELEVEN

A great thing when it involves seeing the face of somebody you hate being the subject. Not so good if it is your profile.

But I imagine we all understand that feeling. Might not be saying other than the obvious, still I did see a need to say it just the same.

Why? Because I think we love to pretend how we feel is not how we really feel. Now that is okay to some degrees.

Providing we have a good time about it. Which does not seem to be allowed. Oh you can dream of others being in big trouble, but it is not considered to be good in good taste to gloat of another's demise.

That is the part that really bothers me. Because it is like as long as nobody catches us doing something wrong, then no harm no foul.

Like that ever is really true. Let's be far about this, think it, you want it, you truly feel that way.

Which I am quite happy to embrace myself as the cost of doing business as Mayor. Oh I get those who say, honesty is important.

What they want is for me to spill my guts, but they never admit a thing. And that is all fine for them, but I end up looking like a jerk.

No thanks, I'll pass. They can keep that aspect for themselves. I plan on taking the simple road.

Simple translates into doing it without complications. Screw the other guy and never offer any excuses.

Yep, that makes it work for me. And I am very comfortable not even admitting it. Actually I do turn it into a bit of a game.

What I do is to sit back and plot the demise of somebody. Oh I never admit it you see. Don't want to risk revenge.

Then at the right time when the person is in trouble, I celebrate my victory. Afterwards I go back and take the time to maybe console the person's wife.

Which can bring its own form of revenge. Got to love those days when that time of joy comes.

Sort of makes up for the times when I have those dreams about seeing my face on the news at eleven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home