Saturday, September 08, 2007

THE LAST ROLL

Well like a lot of things, there are more than one type of roll. So when I say roll, depending on who you are is going to determine what it means to you.

Which is exactly my point. As a politician it is important for me to always appreciate what frame of reference a person has for rolls.

I might be talking to someone like the Reverend Analbe. With him a roll means literally a roll. The kind you eat. When dealing with him, I just know he going to expect to be fed. Plain and simple.

Now if I'm dealing with someone like Mr. Mammongrabber, he will be thinking a roll of cash to stuff in his pocket. No big mystery with that. I just have to help him find the place where he can get it. Or be his errand boy to fetching some roll he has already arranged to collect.

Then there are always the, ahem, ones who believe in er, flying rolls. The kind that come from some other planet. They are always green or orange and speak some alien language, plus are trying to plot to take over the world. I don't get too excited about these ones.

Oh those are just part of the fun options I get to work with. There are the ones sort of like Reverend Analbe who think in terms of a roll that somewhere up yonder. In a place where if you are on that roll you get to go to heaven. If not, you in big trouble.

Funny thing is they love the regular rolls too. And the rolls of cash also. So they sort of cover all facets in one way or another.

In any case, I do try to be sure I never forget which person prefers which roll. And along the way, if I manage to get it all handled and satisfy everyone else, I might work it so I get enough money for a different kind of roll.

That would be a "Rolls," as in Rolls Royce. The biggest problem is making sure nobody finds out I have it.

They can get really grumpy and ask all kinds of crazy, embarrassing questions if I flash a Rolls. Life can be such a pain in that regard.

So far though with rolls you eat and the roll of cash I have managed to bribe enough people so I get to hide funds towards my idea of a rolls. Yeah, I love it. All this fun and no one I can even tell.

Except the people reading this and in case they need a roll, then that is great. I don't mind sharing.

Providing you don't mind contributing to my idea of a Rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home