Wednesday, August 29, 2007

DRAINS

There are drains that are important in life and others that are not. One can appreciate how it is essential to have something like drains for the rain and in the house plumbing. That always is a good thing.

But the kind of drain we don't need is the one that involved people. By that I mean someone who is so adept and draining your energy. They just have this incredible power to suck you dry.

It really is something you can hardly smile about. Unless you enjoy being left feeling like some limp dishrag. I don't. And I can't imagine that ever becoming my priority either.

Getting the people around me to appreciate that fact can be challenging. It is sad, but honestly I have concluded that sane people are an illusion.

They are some fantasy created by writers who are themselves insane, but managed to invent such fiction. They do so I figure at the benefit to the all the peddlers of drugs that we have to take for depression.

Now that is a really great game plan from my point of view. Really just leaves me smiling to imagine.

Honestly, think of it. They get us all convince were are jerks if we aren't sane. When it fact nobody is.

So we sit around depressed and thinking our lives are worthless. Which they really are, but that isn't the point.

Well not the really important one. It is only a point to the people who keep thinking it needs to be a point.

As for me, I just accept the whole thing is hopeless. So why worried about it. And naturally since I don't let myself to get nuts over it I don't need the medications as much.

I do need the company of somebody to help me take my mind off the insanity though. Just a few friendly faces willing to let me savor some peace from all the draining.

And there are fortunately those around who are willing to understand this need. So we have those special times where I enjoy being drained in more positive ways.

As for the rest of us, well I hope you find some nice solutions to your drain needs. Just don't call me if you haven't found any.

I will probably be busy if you ever try calling. I might even listen to the message eventually, but no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home