Wednesday, August 15, 2007

PAIRS

Well one thing we can savor is knowing when two of something it better than one. Not have to understand. Two can give you the double the pleasure. At least that is the theory.

And I can certainly admit there are a few things I would say fit this thought. Just not all of them.

I guess my latest postings have been rather obsessed as of recently with contrasts. Probably because they are the thing that most often seem to make me totally insane.

See for a guy like me, having it all isn't a theory, it is an addiction. I know it is silly to think in those terms by some people's point of view, but not mine.

I guess that is because I honestly am in a position to kid myself into thinking I can have it all with the right kind of effort. Has it ever actually happened?

Not really, but it doesn't mean I can't keep hoping. And you can be sure that I do. I do it all the time. In fact I spend all my time thinking along those lines it seems.

And pairs naturally fall under that same category. Wanting it all really works for me. There are a whole lot of them I don't mind if I have two of something.

Oh yeah, two bank vaults of money would not upset me. Having two salaries wouldn't upset me either.

And there are actually a host of things not related to money that I would get jazzed over. Believe it or not that would be true. It might be hard to accept that I might have some passion in life for more than wine, women and song. Money is required for all of those you understand.

Just that I am human and that means I have other needs that what some might think. For example, I would enjoy twice the peace as I have now.

Honestly, it would be the best of pleasure if I could have more times when I am not facing some crisis. You can be sure I would savor it completely.

Just one of those little details that you just have to savor when the time comes. But I am working on it.

Beyond that, I think it would be great to say have twice as much time. Now the peace part is doable. The time part is fantasy.

Which doesn't mean that it is a bad thing. Just harder to turn into a reality. Oh yeah, this is my kind of fun. Dreaming and hoping it turns into fact with the right kind of effort. What can I say, it works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home