Tuesday, August 14, 2007

SAVED

Well, there are all kinds of definitions of this. Essentially, I think the most apparent one is when you are delivered or sheltered from some kind of harm. Yep, that is a really beneficial thing.

All of which is presuming you want to be saved. Now that is the part that is rather vague. In order to truly be saved in any way you need to first know you need such saving.

Otherwise you might be less than thrilled by any attempts to actually give you some form of saving. Which does seem to be a problem at times in our world.

See government is suppose to be in the saving business. Only this is a two edged sword when you consider it.

After all, when the government elects to do some saving they will not stop at saving what you want being saved. Nope, the boys running the big show plan on doing things right.

Which means you will get a ton of rules, inspectors and people to inspect the inspectors. When they get all done you can also count on higher taxes to pay for it all.

Isn't that special? I think it really does just totally inspire when you think of it. In so many wonderfully fabulous ways.

Yep. give them credit, when it comes to saving people, they will make sure it is done right and regularly. And so much so that you will just be totally grateful for all the misery they give you while helping!

Now that is a joy to behold. Nothing to make you happier that a chance to feel like crap and pay for the privilege.

In any case I do saver the joy of those special times to see the system work in a way that saves somebody or something. It is always nice when that happens.

Pity it doesn't happen as often as I would like. But then what can I say, life is so full of wonderful surprises.

As a Mayor naturally I do support the system. Mainly because as long as the big boys are dumping grief on people in ways to help them, they won't notice my efforts.

Oh yeah, I'll do all I can to support that option. People get so busy griping about the ways the big boys treat them they never notice my little efforts.

But then, I'm not the one that is really trying to save anyone. I just pretend that I am so it sounds great.

Oh well, we will see how much saving happens, when I give my next costs for saving in the form of new taxes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Yeah I remember riding down a public highway the other day and thinking "man, what a waste of my money. Why couldn't they just let the free market decide who gets to drive on the private road, and who has to drive down a path on the side." So inefficient.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home