Monday, August 13, 2007

FOSTER RED TAPE

There are those times when one needs a substitute in life. It can happen any time what we expect or have as a necessity isn't available.

What is sad is how often in order to try and get these little goodies we have to deal with some institution that seems to devout itself to making us miserable. Which is such a tragedy given the fact that they are dealing with something of anxiety to a person.

It is like they devote themselves to figuring out some clever way of adding to your grieve. Is there an upside to this that I don't know?

I haven't thought of any. And that is part of what really bugs me about why some clowns with the power to do something helpful work so hard at being jerks.

Okay as a small city government I will admit that I do have my share of times that we add a little aggravation to life. And I hate to take the easy way out on this, but honestly, the truth is with government you do have the problem of it being an issue of what works for the public.

This is one of those majority things. And anytime you have a situation where too many minds make the rules, you get abuse and neglect of the common man.

Hey, this is not a rule you understand, just a fact of life I'm stating. I do the best I can to embrace this as reality, but what am I suppose to do? This can get real ugly when you are talking about people who don't like this reality.

Honestly, I didn't create the system you understand. I just enforce them. And so don't blame me for it sucking.

In any case, this to me is a flaw in the red tape nature of the beast. You just can't kill the darn thing.

So it sucks. That doesn't justify the stupidity some people invest in other ways. No it doesn't!

Try to get some jerk in customer service at the cable company to accept that. It doesn't work.

No, they don't even want to talk about anything except you being willing to order more of their services. Like I am thrilled to do that.

Oh well, I have long since abandoned any expectation this will improve. I have naturally focused on ways of getting even.

This happens whenever one of those customer service jerks come in to ask ME for a favor with our city. You know where that ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home