Tuesday, August 07, 2007

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON

Love those commercials. Trying to demonstrate the idea of how your brain suffers from doing stupid things.

Admittedly it is a lesson we never learn very easy. Oh I guess you could say we are really good at being stupid. And why mess with such success?

Seems to me to be the prevailing sentiment. Otherwise why would we be so good at doing dumb things?

And from what I've seen we all manage to savor a whole lot of moments when we keep adding to this practice.

But in the middle of all this insanity, somehow we expect things with our leaders to be sane when we aren't. Which only makes sense since that is consistent with our stupidity.

Honestly can we actually expect otherwise at times? Personally, I don't think so. I just am happy to go along with this kind of lunacy.

However, I can't admit that as a Mayor. People would get very upset is I was to get up and say, come on let's be stupid together.

We could even make it a law. Even a holiday would be a good thing. National It's okay to be stupid today day. I like the sound of that.

Heck we could even make up banners and button for the event. And make it so no question, no matter how stupid would be a problem.

Then we could have picnic and parades where we celebrate the gift of uniqueness. That's a very politically correct word for being dumb.

Ah, I see this as a true future blessing to society. One in which we can all be proud. Oh yeah, now isn't that the joy we all really want.

A special time of pure honesty. A chance for us all to be honesty about being idiots. I think this is a time that truly had the potential to be so touching.

Ah, it just warms me so to even think about it. Imagine the streets full of people with buttons and flags waving all having big smiles from being free to be stupid.

This could be the beginning of something truly worthwhile. A new future for mankind where hope shines so bright.

And that is going to be such a blessing. Ah, it will be the joy of the future. A time when we all can be morons for a day and never feel guilty again. Who could ask for more than that? Don't answer that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home