Saturday, August 11, 2007

REALLY?

Well that's what we are always told isn't it? We are told to be realistic. Sort of like when somebody tells us to be reasonable.

Essentially, these about us conforming to somebody else's views of either issue. It is never about them conforming to our views. Nope, that would never work.

Might be fun if it did. I wouldn't complain that's for sure. It could be so thrilling to have somebody come up to me and say, "hey, you are so realistic." Well I can dream at least.

Meanwhile, what can I say, this is one of my personal ambitions. I want a world that makes sense.

Okay, I'm stupid, I admit that. It is wrong and insane to presume you can expect reality to be realistic. I mean in terms of things actually being the way one wants them to be.

Now that would really work for me. I would truly savor the moments when one could find happiness among the lunacy. Where life really did make sense in a realistic way.

But I have a feeling that isn't going to happen any time soon. Okay that isn't going to happen ever.

Doesn't mean that I can't wish it were otherwise. And writing about it is sort of my way of just keeping the hope alive.

Which is better than letting it die! Some have tried that, but honestly the funeral are the pits. No refreshments!

A bit of side humor to give this posting the almost respect it sort of deserves. Well kind of at least.

In any case, I am prepared to be realistic. Just as soon as everyone else does the same. I haven't seen any evidence of it though.

Not from my point of view. What I have witness is more people wanting to move into my neighborhood.

It is the one where I have a nice little slice of heaven, my way. Cable, booze and internet, some phone numbers to call to get lucky. Not realistic in terms of the future, but what the heck, it works for me.

And a whole lot of others as far as I can tell too. They are parked out in the grass, taking a number on who is going to be next to join me.

If they gripe about what order they are in, I just tell them to be realistic. That generally shuts them up and then we split a beer to celebrate a better form of sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home