Saturday, August 11, 2007

NEVER WRONG

Oh yeah this is a wonderful feeling. Totally erroneous you understand, but a wonderful feeling just the same.

I do appreciate how it would be a choice for some to presume that such view of one's abilities would be a good thing. But regardless of how we choose to view it, reality is the pits in that regard.

Which is why some people probably feel compelled to seduce themselves with this illusion of perfection. Those are the ones who would sit and declare, "I don't make any mistakes."

That is one of those big red flags a person waves, which says, "hey I can't accept myself as I am." Those people really are sad.

And knowing they have such a view means you can deal with them on an honest level. Really is tough, but there are times it is not a choice.

In any event I guess the thing that I feel annoyed about is how I have to get stuck with a duality of existence. On the personal side I know I'm not perfect. I accept it and do what I can to cope.

However as a Mayor, I can't afford to admit being wrong. No, that will never work. Being never wrong is really a big deal.

So the way I get around it is by the use of all kinds of very long winded excuses. A whole lot of mind dribble that is nonsense, but works so well.

It can be rather draining at times. I will admit that. It is so darn hard coming up with all those excuses and make them be seem believable.

That can totally wear me out. Honestly, it is so hard to remember what I made up the last time.

I have even taken time to be sure I try to write all those lies down somewhere so I don't make the mistake of contradicting myself. And that can be so hard to do when you are out somewhere rambling to somebody.

A tape recorder does help. But then the challenge is to be sure you don't forget the batteries in the recorder.

Nothing can cancel your benefit if you forget to check the batteries regularly. Finding it out after the fact is not a good thing.

But those are the little things that often do get remembered so vividly after the fact, just not in a good way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home