Friday, August 24, 2007

GIVING CREDIT

Oh yes this is important. Yep, we all need those moments when somebody says to us we are cool.

Now needing them and finding them are never the same thing. You can spend all day hinting about this to some people and they will never get it.

Why? I think it is because nobody wants to be first. Kind of like, well yeah, this is great, but when you do it, then I will. At least it seems that way to me.

And I have to admit I feel that way to a degree. Only I sure don't want to dole out all that thank you stuff and how you are so great and get nothing in return.

Which is the source for a lot of frustration at times. I have definitely not enjoyed this experience.

This is not without being intended as a voice of complaint either. Well perhaps to a degree. Alright, yeah, I'm pissed about. Yeah, you are darn right.

I don't like this double standard. Meaning where I as Mayor have to spend all my time massaging somebody's ego and then they don't even say thank. Nope not a single word of gratitude.

Is this really the way it is supposed to work? Not to me. It isn't a rule you understand. Nobody sits down and specifically has this rule book for credit that keeps score.

But the game is supposed to work on a certain set of unspoken rules. Basically, I take the time to tell you how great you are then you will do the same for me.

Does this happen? Nope. Not even close. There are too many stupid jerks who just want you to tell them they are gods.

And if you do they just get worse and never better. That never makes things improve. But if you say don't bother, oh man you are in big trouble.

Because they will really act like jerks then. Now that not worth the headaches from my point of view.

If you have ever had one of my employees moping around your office you would understand. Honestly, you might as well let them take out a gun and shoot you. It would hurt less.

Nope, they won't be that thoughtful. They will just sit back and beat you to death with their guilt trip.

I of all people ought to have this as no problem, but I end up being bugged by it. So I give them credit and I hate it, but it at least shuts them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home