Tuesday, July 24, 2007

UNDER THE GUN

Now the gun in this case is stress from a deadline or other source that makes you feel if you don't get something done, your going to be shot by consequences. Really is a crappy feeling too.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I don't enjoy this option. It really is not on my list of favorite things.

Of that you can be sure. I wouldn't even list it as on my list of things I even want to remember in any way.

However, I don't always get a choice in that part. Wish I did. For if I could legalize some never in this life time types of options on this subject you can be sure I would.

I have to admit the idea definitely is appealing. The closest I come is with being able to make laws so I can avoid a gun at my head by pointing towards somebody else.

For me that is progress. I won't say how others view it. At least not the ones who get stuck with the gun pointed at them.

Happy is not the word I would use to describe their view on this. And I don't think it would do any good to try and list what they do think.

My postings are perhaps not the best place to share their comments and opinions. You can just be sure, uplifting is not a word for them.

In any case I think the joy for me comes from doing my part to assist in the proper education of others. This is my charity act of stress management.

See without my valuable assistance think of the number of people who might be deprived of the joy of learning how to cope with such issues. They could end up with such a hopelessly slanted view of reality.

So what better service could I be than to help keep them aware of the reality. So they can prepare for those times when life disappoints.

And what disappoints better than having your pocket book suffer? Now I ask you is that a good object lesson or what?

Pity more people don't seem to share that point of view. Alas, one just can't always be able to help others see the merits in such things.

I do what I can in my small way. Such as increasing taxes whenever possible. Just following through with the concept of giving till it hurts or no pain no gain. Course with the latter it is the voters pain and my gain But I think that is a good arrangement. Wish my voters did though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home