Monday, July 16, 2007

THE FUTURE

This is sometimes a subject that makes me want to go blah. Oh yeah, when I think of the future there are occasions I just go, why?

I can't help it. I might feel different, but the problem is I can make sure the future is great. Wish that was my choice.

I could definitely live with that option. Just a few times when it would be so cool to know for sure what I plotted would happen.

Then I could get all excited. How could I otherwise? It sure might give me a reason for a smile.

Alas that is the substance of dreams and not reality. Wish it was reality. But then it does pose some big problems.

A lot of people wish they could tell the future. Now we are only talking about seeing it, not changing it.

See that is the problem. You can't actually control it. Now if I could see it in a way that it became only want I could make it then that would be something.

But actually if you saw tomorrow and it was the pits or you saw something terrible, would you really want to know? We all would love good news, but honestly what if is bad news?

Not sure that falls under my need to know or even my desire to know. And frankly what I would love the most is to be able to make it what I want.

That part you know you can't do. Although it doesn't mean I would prefer it that way. Actually I'm not even greedy in that regard either.

I don't want everything I crave to become true, just a few things. Enough to feel like life was the least bit hopeful.

Now I admit that I'm a tad selfish in that sense. I'm not looking for world peace or utopia. Those things would probably be impossible anyway.

Perhaps not impossible. Just not very realistic. I mean let's be practical. What kind of miracle would it take for people to truly get along in this world?

Frankly I think the only way you might achieve it is if all the people disappeared. Yeah, that might not seem like the perfect solution, but right now I think it is the only one that would work.

Since that isn't going to happen though, I'll settle from my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home