Sunday, July 22, 2007

DOING IT

Oh yeah, we all got to have joy with this one. Doing it is so important. So satisfying and when we do it right, so fantastic.

But then you do have to be careful about the type of doing it we are talking about here. There are some doing "its" that suck even if you do it right.

Hate to disappoint by not going to the obvious on this one, but my idea here is related to other types of doing. Such as projects around the house.

Now where is it written that we really have to spend our weekends doing this? It isn't in some place I have found that I know of.

You'll never convince my wife of that. She figures Saturday is the perfect day for me to work like a dog taking care of crap that I don't even care about.

Oh yeah like I look forward to working all day during the week then all Saturday too. Yep that makes my day.

But naturally, my wife doesn't see it that way. She views this as us time. Which means us are going to do whatever is on her mind.

Us does not mean her doing any of it though. Just that us only means I'm there for ME to do the work.

And let me tell you, that is not my idea of how to enjoy a Saturday. Nope, I could easily pass on the whole thing.

But I can't put it that way to the princess. Instead of how to appeal to her sense of lust. As in shopping.

What I do is strategically place a few sales ads from the mall for her to see. Those are normally enough to get her attention.

Of course I always act like I'm going to do the chores she left me to do. I put on my work clothes and dig out the tools.

But after she is gone, I call a handyman to do the chores. Making sure that he is gone before she returns.

I then put the phones on forward to my cell phone so I can make sure I can answer the phone while at the bar or whatever. Now that is a nice change.

And if I work it right, I get back, the job gets done and the only thing that got a workout is my pocket book. I can live with that one.

Just not with the wife finding out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home