Thursday, July 12, 2007

UP. UP, SPLAT

Ah, there is such joy in life at times. It comes when you can dream. Or at least feel like you can.

Just a little moment of wonderment that lets you think you can fly. Course you can't, but it is fun to believe you can.

While it is entertaining to visit such wonderlands it is a whole different issue to think you can live there. By such delusion have lives be rendered accidents waiting to happen.

And when somebody decides to go flying without a plane all you can do is sit back and watch them while waiting for the predictable splat that always follows. It is a time when you really are glad there are no parachutes for such sky diving efforts. There is just something satisfying about seeing them go splat.

Not that I necessarily am thrilled to see them in pain. More like I'm thrilled to see them get the only type of object lesson that seems to work.

That is not to say there aren't times when I'm thrilled to see the suffering too. It just isn't my only thrill.

I think I could savor such joys though as a regular form of entertainment. Providing, I was able to avoid being among the clowns putting on a show.

I know this is being two faced. Hey, I never said it wasn't. As far as I'm concerned that is okay from my point of view.

Why? Okay I suppose I could give some stupid and silly explanation. That would be all it would be.

The plain fact is that I appreciate the joy of my power. I'm basically selfish and not interested in giving up the perks of my power if I don't have to.

Nope, you can forger that. Which is what all of this for me is about. I get the chance to see who are less fortunate, in terms of their delusions and power end up savoring the fruits of their misfortune and condition.

Anyway, I hope you understand that in my world as long as I can have the chance to maintain some special benefit I'm going to do it. Call it what you want, but the plain fact I know it is only temporary.

So I refuse to let them take away my joy while it lasts. Time will do that soon enough from my point of view.

In the meantime I just sit there and let the joy fall from the sky and savor each precious splat as it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home