Sunday, July 08, 2007

GOOD AS OLD

This all falls under that good old days insanity. That's what I call it. You always have some people of questionable thinking who get all mushy about the past.

Honestly, thank you very much, but I'll just stick with the current reality. I do not want to dredge up the past.

It was crap enough when I lived it the first time. Not all of it, mind you. Just you can't you know actually enjoy the good past a second time.

Wish I could. All those fabulous moments I would enjoy experience again. But you have to accept both as reality. You can have either one.

So it means remembering it really doesn't help from my view. Instead it is better from my view to savor future moments and those you can have right now.

See if you are truly getting excited by the present then the past is just the past. However quaint and memorable the past might be, I don't see it as something that will give me a reason to get all mushy and gushy and see it as great.

I just move ahead. Trying to remember the good old days in theory by taking the good parts and duplicating them.

It can be tough with inflation. Honestly, you're never going to for example fill up your car for what you did even five years ago. Good luck on that fantasy.

But you can suck more bucks from somewhere if you are creative and then you can really have the same fun. To a degree that works.

And people think I'm scum for plotting to suck for money out of the city's coffers. Well excuse me, but I'm not the one living in the past.

I'm being realistic. And that translates into the joy of keeping the same level of thrills as I once had.

That to me is the core of this whole problem. Too many darn people who just plain don't to that. They just never bother.

Which is why they are always looking at life backwards. Personally, I'm happy they do. Because that way I get a shot at concentrating on the now.

So by all means enjoy the past. Keep it up. I'll be happy to just smile and collect all the goodies you are ignoring while thinking only of what no longer is.

Some fun huh? I think so. And as long as I get to keep having that fun, oh the happiness I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home