Friday, May 04, 2007

VIRGINITY

Okay, this is not about the obvious. That would be too easy. I'm speaking about a simple issue of the experiences of life that you have for the first time, so before then you have not data to know what it is like.

Now if one speaks of traditional concepts of virginity then we all understand you are speaking of the special aspect of intimacy in life as it relates to relationships. Which everyone appreciates.

We never have a problem accepting that area of virginity. It's not problem since we do all have that in common.

But sometimes I think it is much harder to feel that way about some experiences in life we assume should just come natural. It is like all guys are born natural mechanic and all women should naturally be great cooks.

For some reason we decide that we can't admit when we don't how to do some things. In my personal experiences I understand this totally, but I still won't admit when I'm lost when driving.

I know, it is silly and dumb, but I can't help myself. I hate to confuse being that much of a virgin about things like reading a map. Oh I've read one before, but there are lots of details about reading a map that I have tried or even know.

So that ends up with me telling myself, "oh eventually, I take the time to figure it out," but I never do. Instead, I just end up driving around, feeling totally stupid when I get lost, but never in anyway wanting to actually stop and accept I'm lost.

But, you know, from what I've seen, I'm not alone. And let me tell you I think I've seen lots of guys out there with stupid looks on their faces while appreciating they think the same as I do.

Oh this is just one aspect of many in that regard. My goodness, there are so many fun times when nobody wants to admit their ignorant.

Where is it written that every guy is a descendant of Daniel Boone when it comes to camping? You would think so from the way some guys act in the woods.

Oh yeah, I've seen the blunder in that regard. Ever tried to try and start a fire without any matches by rubbing two sticks together?

I tried it and only got splinters in the process. Enough said? Yep, enough for me. I'll do what I can in the meantime to just keep the rest my little secret.

And if by chance you see me on the street, just don't smile too wide when you notice I keep looking confuse. Grant me that much please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home