Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SOMETHING

When life gets dull and boring the concept of something can be a whole lot different than when it is full of things to do. So the something we crave when we have nothing to do is always going to be a much more demanding one than when we are watching the clock and pressed for time.

Now from my point of view I think this is very critical in part because of the fact that when you understand this you can use it to your advantage. Mainly it applies for me as a politician to the times of dealing individuals at varying levels of distraction.

Which is why I prefer to plan my speeches for the middle of the week instead of say a weekend. See around Wednesday in my city, where bored is a natural state of being, life really gets dull.

So I truly find that giving a speech at that time just honestly makes things easier since I don't have to work as hard at making it interesting. People who are bored will grab at anything for a chance to get a break from being bored.

Thus the something I have to create is not that big of a problem. I can even use some old and worn out joke and they will laugh just for something to do.

Now the best part is when I get to unveil some grand plan. Oh yeah, that is the element I enjoy the most.

Because most of the audience is bored to death and only heat sound without paying attention to the contents. Which definitely works to my favor since I don't have to worry about saying something true.

The best part of that is sharing the joy of some comment that I can alter in a way so I can later claim I made a promise I didn't actually make. That way I can give the impression I care and did something important when I didn't do anything for anyone.

But I get to claim I did help others. And the beauty is that no one will even be able to remember what I say so they won't be able to complain.

That makes it even more special. Which is the best something you can imagine. For it is a something that cost me anything.

Okay, perhaps it does cost me the occasional sleepless night. Yeah, I have to tolerate the times when the old conscience bothers me.

But with a little effort and enough distraction you can get over that problem. Which really is the thing I consider the best form of something.

One I can't always talk about, but truly savor when I have way too much time on my hands and not enough other some things to make my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home