Sunday, April 29, 2007

THE BOSS

This is not hard a concept to grasp from my point of view. I mean the boss is generally the one who tells others what to do.

Yep, that is the way it is suppose to be. Which ought to not have to be discussed. However, when you listen to employees the one thing you know is that they hardly view their bosses as bosses.

Some do, but others simply snort and then mumble when they think the boss isn't paying attention. They are the ones to me that do not see the boss as the boss.

In their minds the person holds the title, but is unworthy. So they don't worship or respect the person, just tolerate him or her.

Fact of life, boys and girls, bosses do not have to be good people. Where is that written? I didn't say it was a great thing if it were true, but so often it isn't.

Only that doesn't keep people from regarding that approach in a way that feels they have a right to outline what a boss does in terms of being acceptable. All find and good, but not realistic.

As for me, well call me silly, which would be better than what some prefer to call me. But in any case, I enjoy it when this whole thing remains uncomplicated.

By that I mean you keep your mouth shut and do what you are told. Then wait your turn and figure out the best way to screw the boss in a backstabbing way till you can take over. That is the Limburger approach don't you know.

See, I accept that not everyone who has the label boss is a good boss or even functional. Corporations make mistakes like that all the time.

And in some cases people just are more gifted at massaging the system and playing the game so they are better at sucking up to the bigger boss. So they get the promotion.

It is all one big game of slinging the baloney. And let me tell you the one who learns to do it best is the one who gets the title.

So if you don't like the game, then cheat! Yeah, that is what I said, cheat. Break the rules in a way they don't even recognize you are breaking them.

Now that is what I call being practical. And in the process if you end up figuring a way to backstab the boss while making him think you are on his side, even better.

If you work it right, you might even succeed in taking care of the boss in a way that the person ends up taking a permanent vacation. Then if you have really done your job you get that position. Then comes the fun of making sure you don't end up the next one expected to leave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home