Sunday, May 06, 2007

DINING IN

Well this can be fun. And it can also be depressing. Depending on where you are eating and why.

For example if you are eating in as in a hotel room where they serve you some glorious gourmet meal that is great. Naturally if you happen to be in the company of some nice rent a date that is going to provide dessert, even better to be eating in.

I guess that is enough drooling for this posting on that option. So let me move on. Which naturally brings me to the great issue of eating in when you don't want to.

This is for me like eating in at the office for lunch because you either don't have the money to eat out or are too busy. So you send out for pizza or whatever.

Unfortunately it often means you end up having lunch with your secretary or assistant. People that in my case I go to lunch to get away from.

So you can imagine that when I have to eat with them, I'm not a happy camper. It does not make me thrilled at all and even less so when I have to pay for it.

Of course that is no where near as bad as having to spend lunch with anybody who you absolutely despise. And there are way too many of them in my city.

Topping my list is Lance Allworthy, Mr. All-american, never has a bad hair day, pain in the butt city councilman. I might even cope okay if we could have lunch without the darn harp music that plays whenever he is around. God that it so annoying.

Plus Lance is the kind of dude who doesn't drink, smoke, eats healthy, doesn't lie and even is faithful to his wife. Is that sick or what?

Honestly, if he even had a single flaw I might be okay. But this guy is so disgusting. And his idea of take out is from some place that sells produce.

Now I ask you is that really fair? I mean honestly, it is bad enough I have to be with a dude that really wants to help people, do I have to be denied booze and grease too?

It really makes me so sick at my stomach to spent time with a guy who thinks eating raw vegetables is a good thing. Then he really drives me nuts by actually proposing we do something nice for people. And not just the ones that give me bribes.

Which is so scary. What would happen if I had to treat everyone equal? I can't even imagine that nightmare.

Why the next thing you know it would lead to equality. That would really be so awful. I can't even imagine the horror it will cause.

At least I only have to have him ruin my meals one and a while. That makes the other times easy to accept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home