Wednesday, April 18, 2007

DOGS AND CATS

Well there are all kind of possible meanings of this naturally. But for this posting I'm going to deal with the issue of contrasts in human nature as they appeal to when people act like pets. Those being to me dogs and cats.

I realize there are other forms of animals people have as pets, but the most of us, if we have a pet at all it generally ends up as a Fluffy or Fido. My opinion you understand.

Which from my point of view since this is my blog is the one I'm going to express. And that works for me very well. I'm quite happy with that option. Like I really give a crap if you like it or not. Ahem, but I digress or whatever in the heck you want to call it.

Now the think is to me, I see people as often being in their behavior as something that reminds me of cats and dogs. There are so many who as employees are either your faithful lap dog types or temperamental like some darn Siamese cat. Again, my impression.

When I say that I mean they are either very obedient and always behave in a way that you want to scratch them behind the ears, or they act totally finicky so you want to feed them to a dog as punishment. Unfortunately, that is never an option.

Not with the people who need some kind of a leash in my opinion. Thank goodness they aren't the only ones I see every day.

We do have enough normal employees so I don't have to worry about this all the time. For that I'm grateful.

But for the ones who do need that kind of special handling the nice thing is I can have my assistant take them for a walk. He's even learned to get by without getting dog bit at times.

As for the catty people, well he manages to avoid their claws. Most of the time. It is good exercise for him I guess.

I'm just glad that we have enough times when so many are content to be stroked. Or you toss them a bone and they gnaw on it and leave you alone.

And once and a while I have to lay in a healthy supply of pet food. In this case, it is all bull.

Funny how it works so well for both dogs and cats. But then that is the joy of always adjusting to each circumstance when it comes to coping with such silly people.

I do have fantasies about having an animal pound in the basement. One where nobody would claim the pets. Gets very dark after that. But it does give a smile to my face when some one is nipping at my heals with their silly complaints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home