Friday, December 15, 2006

New Verses 'Are you out of your mind?'

New can be fun. It can be nice. Providing it isn't insane. That totally depends upon the kind of new you are discussing.

See, a new suit, a new house or a new car are all great. But a new disease or bill isn't so wonderful. So it all is completely a matter of definition.

There are some people who think anything new is a good idea. They seem to thrive on new and also that buzz word, improved.

But just because something is new doesn't mean it is always a good thing. There are times when it can leave you with a reason to shake your head.

Well it does for me when I see people who are new junkies. And especially if they don't even care if the crap they bought actually has some real beneficial purpose.

That is the part that truly is scary. I mean new shouldn't relate to are out of your mind? They can make a new bomb that could blow up the world, but I don't want one and I sure don't want to try it out to see if it works.

Okay, you might say, I'm being silly. And you would be right if I hadn't been down that road with some people.

It might seem like I'm hung up on reporting only about nut cases and weirdoes. What else should I do?

Sane people do those kinds of incredibly bizarre things. They do not go after something new that is utterly stupid if you do buy it.

And they sure don't pay through the nose for such stupidity. At least I like to think sane people are smarter than that.

I suppose I ought to qualify my comment though. There are times when ever sane people can have a temporary case of the stupids. So I don't make allowances for the moments when somebody leaves their brain in a closet.

Only there is a difference between doing that once and a while and making it a habit. The ones who make it a habit are the ones you have to worry about.

So from my point of view, if you've got some unreasonable and burning passion to buy some new fly swatter that sings the National Anthem be my guest. Just don't bore me with it. And don't expect to be exciting for you when you attempt to use it to contact life on other planets.

There are just some new experiences that a person should keep to themselves. Which will be a case where you won't here me say, "Thank you for sharing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home