Thursday, December 14, 2006

BABY-NUTTING

This is my term for when I have to baby sit some very wacky people. And that pretty much describes just about everyone working for me. Plus my family, neighbors, the people on the next block and just about anyone who lives in my city of Mediocrity.

I'm serious, the whackos just seem to thrive in my city where being dull is almost a law in terms of living here. I think it is a case of the fact that the mind is forced to compensate for the lack of excitement. So it drifts away from sanity to something more entertaining, even if it is nuts.

All of that is mainly annoying when you sit in my chair and have to spend time listening to such dribble as a person having a crisis over the fact that their house plants are gossiping. Yep, I really enjoy hearing those conversations.

Now I do appreciate that in my situation that I should be used to having this be part of my life constantly. That doesn't mean I enjoy it or look forward to future conversations.

Which is why I try to view it as a form of babystting. Only I don't get paid per hour for the service. However, I don't have to change any diapers either so that is a plus.

What I manage to gleam in a way is the simple joy of feeling better about myself. That is a definite plus.

I can sit there and listen to all that demented dribble and say to myself, "See how much worse off you could be if you were stuck with that person's brain?" That always gives me pause to smile.

Beyond that aspect there is the added benefit of how it allows me some colorful details to add to my blog. After all, while the rest of the world who maintain blogs is worried about posting something truly informative, I'm happy to demonstrate how there are parts of the world where you don't want to live.

While the grass may seemed greener on some other hunk of lawn, thank to my effort you know there is one place where it might be greener, but stinks big time. And that should give anyone cause to smile.

So I just feel thrilled at times when I have to listen to why some employee fears their goldfish is the reincarnation of Genghis Khan. Now that was definitely a different conversation.

It still is better than some I've had, which I won't bother to repeat at this point. Why run the risk of using up perfectly good stupidity and lunacy in this blog when I can save it for later?

Ah, there is joy in the quietness of the moment when I can sit down and type all those great details into my computer file. I have it titled, "Pure crap that nobody is going to believe unless I explain it really great."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home