Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ALL ABOUT

I was thinking of those photo books you put on a coffee table that show you pictures about a given city. Or any other informative source that is suppose to give you the basics on something you otherwise might not have a chance to know.

In my experience though it seems that most of the time these all about things specialize in other than practical details. Oh I know there are those books for dummies and they are helpful. But I think they are mainly intended to simplify some subject so people who don't know the technical jargon can make sense of the subject.

What I think would be nice if they had any of these all about publications that dealt with critical items like all about embezzling. Yeah, you read that right. I said embezzling.

See the problem I see is that we simply invest way too much of people's time with the hassle of having them learn on the job. Let's face it that is way too inefficient.

I mean we could presume that there are enough honest people out there to hold public office so we didn't have to worry about this issue. Right, like that is really going to happen.

The truth is you can't have power and all that money and expect people will remain honest. Unless you live in fantasy land or something where people don't do what comes naturally.

So what I'm striving for here is a helpful guide to all about the types of issues that will save the public money by letting people not waste time with trial and error methods of stealing. Then you see, once they've got it down pat, they can get on with actually doing things that might help people.

I imagine there are a few narrow-minded souls out there that might find it difficult to see the merit of this point of view. So go ahead and enjoy being stupid. If it makes you happy, then that is fine.

Meanwhile in the real world, I'm going to concentrate on things that really work. In fact I think I'll give thought to writing this one myself.

And the first chapter will be the most useful I'm sure. I'll devote it to the list of excuses you can give if you get caught with you hand in the till.

I will probably throw in a few paragraphs about people you can frame if you do screw up. That should definitely make it marketable.

Perhaps I'll even toss in a bonus package deal for those who need the incentive. Maybe I can give a list of people you can blackmail to keep from telling about all the money they have sucked from the voters. Or I could just get paid by the people who don't want their names listed. Ah the possibilities are so thrilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home