Friday, December 08, 2006

NIGHT OF THE LIVING BREAD

No, I'm not trying to intentionally rip off that famous movie. But I do admit that I sort of had that title in mind only because it fit my posting.

Outside of the spiritual aspect of this living bread I want to take it to a political level. Bread is naturally a very basic type of food. I won't say you could live by just eating bread even though I probably have tried it or come close on some occasions.

But in terms of life I think what I'm referring to here is whatever staple happens to maintain your life. Now in terms of politics that is from my point of view, hope. Yep, that is bread from my point of view.

After all you can be in a very poor state on many levels, but still feel life is okay if you have some hope or vision. Only it does have to be somewhat realistic.

If you are say, living in some desert and starving way far away from any source of food, it probably isn't hope to think you going to eat right away. And if by chance you see the bleached bones of somebody who didn't make it and they are lying on the ground next to you then I would say you definitely are dreaming to think you're going to eat soon.

Which is why we need the dreamer politicians from my view. See you have plenty of story tellers out there that get paid to lie to us in terms of fantasies. They make life entertaining. Stupid at times, but entertaining.

However, the politician is the one who is suppose to make it all real in some real way. If it his actually doing his job. Which may or may not happen.

So in that regard, I feel that during some gala affair or celebration where you are having a big dinner, you need that extra desert from the all smiles and lies kind of dude. We just have to have that frosting for our meal.

I know that might sound kind of silly and all, but it isn't. It really is the night of the living bread from my view. At least that is how I justify my slant on the subject.

See, basically the way I figure it this a good thing. I know that is a good way to excuse spending so much time lying. But would the truth really inspire as much hope? I don't think so.

So until the time that hope is something you can buy in the store for a reasonable price, I'll just keep peddling it as best as I can. And sometimes I might be able to do with based on something credible.

Not sure when that will happen. I haven't seen too many situations where the facts give you a reason to have much hope.

Until then, well I'll just do what I always do, lie till you don't hear the sky falling. Isn't that special?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home