Saturday, December 02, 2006

DO OR BUY

I like these kinds of choices. You decide to do something or buy something. When does this happen? Well if you are me all the time.

The reason is because the other options of putting up with crap I dump on the people who work for me. That way I can do what I want and also have time to buy when I want.

Which is the way I hope it works. It is a more a theory you understand than a rule. I mean I can hardly fire my employees if they till me they are too busy with other crap I dumped on them to do something extra.

Now if we were still living in the times of kings and queens that might be different. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to be a king. There is too much trouble with people plotting to bump you off and take your crown. Getting fired then meant literally involved being burnt at the stake. Okay for the kind lighting the wood, but not for poor guy tied to a stake.

The important thing from my point of view is that I would have enjoyed the position of being say the head suck up. You know the guy who sneaks around and gets to tell everyone else how to obey the rules, but doesn't worry about keeping them himself. I know the other day for that would be a hypocrite, but heck who really cares. A guy in that role gets all the fun without any risk. If something goes wrong the king gets the blame.

But unfortunately, I don't have that option. I'm stuck with our current system. And as long as I can pass out enough baloney fast enough then I got no problem.

Which leaves me free to pursue a life of pure selfishness. I can't of course admit to that type of option. It just doesn't sound good to others.

People can be so darn unreasonable in that regard. They just think you ought to care about others. That can be so boring.

Now the thing is, I'm not really saying I'm against helping others. All I'm saying is that I think a lot more people don't truly practice being humanitarians as much as they claim.

So rather that go through the motions of pretending I do, I just figure it is easier to be myself. Not that I hate the idea of lying. Some of my most memorable moments have been gained as the result of some big fat lie.

It is just at times I like the simpler life when I don't have to think that hard. It just makes things less complicated.

And for me that includes the fun times when I to do or buy. Ah, how sweet it is. The only thing that makes it even better is when I can take the receipt and put it on an expense account. That is really the times that brings tears to my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home