Friday, October 13, 2006

TRANSITION PHASES

Ah, this is such a glorious word for "don't bother griping if I've screwed up because right now I'm too confused to do otherwise." Only instead of saying it that way, we keep it simple by referring to it as a transitional phase. It certainly sounds so much more impressive.

However, the fact still remains that it is a wonderful phase that I have personally used on several occasions. Such as when I want to excuse some major foul up at city hall. I just whip out the old excuse speech from my file of excuse speeches and begin doling out the crap, while hoping nobody will remember when I gave the same speech in the past.

Yep, it is in some ways my form of taking care of the usual problems with the simple standard of verbal whitewash that has worked on so many other occasions. And the great thing is that it almost works when you mention the transition thing.

It is as if people really grasp that meaning because we all know what it is like to be in transition in one way or another. Most often that is probably when we have had to move for some reason.

And who loves moving? All that packing and lifting of boxes. I tell you it exhausts me just watching those movers have to work that hard. Plus when I think of the fact that I generally ending up underpaying them it makes me even more aware of how hard it is to move.

I figure there are plenty of other people who feel the same way about moving so I think they naturally sense the cringing anticipation of unwanted change that the word transition conveys. Which definitely works to my advantage in terms of garnering sympathy. And you can be sure that I definitely do keep that in mine whenever I find it necessary to explain gross stupidity without making it seem like anyone who works for me or me either for that matter is really that dumb.

It is to be sure a challenge, but one that I do savor when the time is right. That normally happens for me about midnight when I'm having a panic attack over some blunder and desperate to figure a lie to explain it all.

I suppose it would be better if I could just go to the voters and explain that we made mistake. It might work if I hadn't spent so much time lying about it in the past. But then maintaining that illusion that we know what we are doing is so important to inspire confidence.

Otherwise I risk the occasion when the voters might decide to vote for somebody else that wasn't totally incompetent. I know there are some who would presume that actually doing the job would be a good idea. I agree as long as they don't apply the rule to me!
I mean I consider this an investment. All that hard work of making up transitions that are really transitions deserves a reward. My interpretation you understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home