Wednesday, October 04, 2006

BIG DEALS, LITTLE DOINGS

Did you ever get suckered into buying something based on the advertising and then later found out the item you bought was a total joke. Man does that feel foolish.

Yet, at the same I think we admire the con job from a skill point at least. Maybe not in other terms, but for the most part despite the obvious games of fabrication there is a certain joy at knowing something is capable of doing a little verbal razzle dazzle with class.

The downside to all of this is when you get your expectations out of whack and can't adjust to reality. That is when your mind starts up with the whole idea of big deals leading to big doings and instead you get little doings.

And the really wonderful thing is that no matter how many times it happens we still convince ourselves the next time will be different. Can you say STUPID!

I think in reality the problem is that we all love to dream. They are so much more appealing than real life. And anything that can make it seem like our dreams will come true is just well worth hoping.

Which also lead to the desire to brag. We love to impress don't we? I know I do. And anyway who claims they don't is in my view trying their own brand of bragging.

There are ways I suppose we could manage to massage this whole thing in some ways that would make it all see more worthwhile and no so disappointing. I didn't say I had all the perfect answers, just that I'm sure with the right effort we could find a couple of smiles in this whole thing. Even if that translated into nothing other than being able to laugh at somebody else.

I just can't help enjoying this as yet another of those head scratching facades of life. It can suck big time, but we do still hang in their with our distractions.

So I salute the glorious intrepid nature of what we call this fabulous event where by somebody toys with our dreams. For a while a flame grows of hope. We keep it burning by stoking it with our imagination.

Then later when the ice water comes and the fire goes out, some people let it really turn them cold. Others, well like me, they become so addicted to the joy of the fire that we figure new ways to keep it burning.

So the disappointment is tempered by the simplest of realities, that we are creatures who need to feel. I mean that on more than one level. We need the emotion action, but we also need to grasp.

And I'm proud to say I've done my say of both. True, I have on occasion did some false advertising to accomplish it, but what the heck you got to smile sometimes huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home