Monday, October 23, 2006

THE THRILL OF IT ALL

Now to me there is nothing more essential with fun than doing it for the thrill of it all. That really is important and very special. At least, as far as I'm concerned.

The way I look at it the real problem in our world is the lack of thrills. We have plenty of dull and boring, but not enough genuine and good natured thrills. I'm not talking about the types of things like sky diving types of thrills.

I'm merely referring to the things that stimulate one's sense in a positive way. What it is depends on the person, but you can be sure of a couple of things in that regard. One is that any manufactured form of thrill is going to be very popular and very expensive.

That is because it is really hard to find on our own. My opinion perhaps, but all that I know is most of them things like amusement parks thrive to some degree as do plenty fo theaters that cater to the ever changing desires of their patrons.

But the problem is such activities are regarded as frivolous and unnecessary to survival. So they are treated as luxuries instead of need.

Is this really fair? I don't think so. I think we normally are brain dead most of the time in our routines. We only wake up the moment our bodies sense something exciting is about to happen. Then it is party time and pass the whatever while we forget how much life truly sucks.

However, I doubt that is the way anyone is going to public admit it reality. And naturally if you did you would be in big trouble. Because you would risk fraying the already fragile garment of social order. Um, that really does sound catchy. I think I'll have to remember it for some future speech.

How would it look if we suddenly said, "Okay, everyone call off sick from work for the next two days and do something utterly wasteful and useless. Just do it for the thrill of it all."

Oh yeah, like that will ever happen. We simply can't afford that option as a society. It doesn't mean we can privately (wink, wink) accept it.

So let's play the game then. Tomorrow you shall step on that old labor treadmill and work, work, work.

Okay, that will be the official rhetoric! Privately we can gather in small groups and whisper, "there's a party at..." and snicker with a nice nod of the heads.

That way we can maintain the facade of order and correctness without being disgusting about it. I know I'll vote for it whether anyone else does or not.

Party on and pass the bucket of bolts. A new slogan to fit and old condition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home