Saturday, October 21, 2006

SAME TIME, DIFFERENT SIGH

Do you ever feel too many days of your life are a rerun? How come it is always the days that suck that end up on rerun? Wouldn't it be great if only the good days turned out to happen over again?

I don't think I would complain if the days I truly enjoyed occurred more often. And maybe somewhere out there some people do know lots of days that are the best they can ever be.

However, in the small, lethargic purgatory where I languish, that just isn't the case. Heck, I'm lucky if I can keep under control any infectious outbreaks of yawns. Not because they are dangerous, but I'm really afraid if they happen too often people will actually find the process a pleasant one.

It isn't like I don't try to inspire people towards excellence. But it does get to be a challenge when one considers the general reaction to some form of encouragement is for the person to ask where they can go and take a nap. Does that sound like I'm working with real pliable material here or what?

Every once and a while I do manage to savor a rare moment when my efforts put a dent in the armor of indifference so often worn. Normally it never lasts, but for a brief time I get the joy of feeling like a hero or a reasonable facsimile. Oh yeah, those are the times that dreams are made of. Some of them are even ones I can repeat without risking anyone knowing what a depraved pervert I really am. Er, anyway I do love the times of other than another sigh.

I guess it would be wonderful if we could reduce the times of potential boredom. That would mean one would have to also manage to not do all the routine things life demands constantly.

Which would most likely include work. Now I haven't figured a way to succeed in improving the state of being where there are more smiles than yawns and still be sure all the crappy daily jobs get done.

Alas, we do want heaven, but we sure need our trash picked up too. That is the dilemma one can't avoid, which is why this problem isn't completely an easy chore to fix.

I had thought of perhaps having to liven things up a bit by making people changed jobs constantly. Give them a little variety, but then that could be depressing because we might find out just how truly incompetent everyone truly is.

Well, while I toy with all the possibilities, I shall venture forth for another brain storming session at my favorite local watering hole. It might not result in any improvement, but after enough refreshment somehow things don't look like they need as much improvement. And that for me is always better than another yawn, even if it does wear off by the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home