Wednesday, October 18, 2006

THE NEXT TIME

Ah, how sweet is that promise one makes to oneself to do better the next time. And the wonderful part is that we don't even have to actually do better. We just have to promise ourselves that we will.

Some people might ask why even bother? But you know it really is a lot more beneficial than perhaps some people are willing to concede.

First of all we feel so much happier thinking that next time we aren't going to be a spineless wimp. It just rivets the mind with hope and delusion naturally.

Plus there is always that possibility will find some courage somewhere that we missed prior to that moment. We might win the lottery too or any number of other strokes of fortune could come our way.

But if it doesn't we can still say, the next time and feel so darn good thinking that will be reality. Which as far as I'm concerned it a good thing.

People need hope. They need dreams. And if along the journey we find ourselves savoring a moment of joy over being something that we will never be, wonderful.

I have seen plenty of those who don't practice this time honored method of seduction. They are very miserable people from what I've witness.

How can you be otherwise when you can't see any clouds, but storm clouds? I mean some clouds bring storms, others bring a much less severe form of rain. It is beneficial without being harmful. So it is just a matter of perception to some degree in my way of thinking.

But that is me. I'm very comfortable pretending. Some might call it lying, but what the heck, it is a good thing to me.

And it is very helpful in terms of my role as Mayor. I don't know, but to me I just find lying to myself makes lying to others easier to do without any sense of guilt.

So along the way I peddle a few dreams and a few smiles. That is until the next time happens and I'm forced to think up some other lame excuse to cover that situation.

Life can sure be fun and exciting at times. Even more so when you find ways of avoiding facing what is the pits. It is all so joyous as long as you keep smiling and not frown.

I hope this little posting of advice warms a few hearts. It never hurts to feel the joy where it counts. That depends on what you do for counting I suppose.

Some count blessings, some other things. I count the opportunities I don't have to look bad as the best of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home