Monday, September 18, 2006

OH JOY OF JOYS

This is the joy that surprises every yawn and tear. It is the sun of hope rising upon a dawn of new beginnings that gives life a new sense of purpose. And that makes life more cherished as well as exciting.

But having waxed a little poetically I do have to say that the main way to know these joy of joys moment is after it sucks big time. Ergo, you got to have a little grief to know a little bliss.

Now I'm not saying I like that arrangement. I honestly hate that whole idea of knowing the bad in order to know the good.

What I would prefer is to have someone I trust tell me about it and take their word for it. The big problem though is finding someone you believe that isn't a darn compulsive liar. Finding anyone who tells more truth than lies is a rare experience these days.

I ought to know since I'm about as devout a liar as you will find. I just prefer to lie about lying to keep things simple.

I find a certain balance in my life by knowing the truth, but picking fantasy in order to truly feel free. I am aware of that saying about how the truth shall make you free.

With the Limburger you are free when you know the truth by NOT applying it. That's when you are really free.

Alright I know that might sound strange, but I want you to really think about it. Truth in some cases truly does suck.

Like let's say you look in the mirror and the image you see staring back at you is some overweight slug of a human being with the sex appeal of a piece of lint. Now that is truth, but it sure isn't freeing is it?

So let's us say you dress up that image with a great suit or ever better take the full length photo of a body building to put in the mirror with your face. That is deception, but it sure is emotionally freeing.

Which is probably my whole point. You can indulge in the truth all you want, but I really doubt if it is lame it will make you honestly feel free.

That is why I like my approach. You don't like the truth, then lie about it. Make it whatever you want. That is talent my friend. The kind that can lead to the joy of joys unlike the silliness that some people call truth.

So which would rather have to make you feel free, a truth that is depressing or a lie that makes you feel good? I thought so. My feeling exactly. So go forth and enjoy and unless you are movie star, don't spend much time in front of the mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home