Friday, September 08, 2006

LITTLE PROBLEMS

I imagine everyone has a list of these. I'm talking about the things that piss you off. And about the only good thing I can say on that subject is today's misery is probably different that yesterdays. So at least you get some variety hopefully.

Admittedly that doesn't mean you feel good about this crisis, just that it is the current crisis. Wouldn't it be great if you could reach a point where you never had any problems?

I could see it now, life plodding along in complete and perfect harmony, no cares, no worries just constant peace and happiness. Why we could even have special meetings to just sit around and celebrate how happy life is for everyone.

And the only time anyone died would be from an overdose of pure happiness. So nobody would be unhappy about it knowing the person probably died from giggling to death. Ah, we would all sit around and feel good about that I'm sure.

Of course I do confess that for many people such a radical change in life might be impossible to truly embrace. After all, even though we hate those times of trial, could we really enjoy life if they never happened?

I just think we would end up getting so worried about the possibility of disasters that we would never relax enough to actually enjoy all the serenity forced upon us. I'm just saying that from what I have seen of human nature.

So in that regard I guess it is a good thing we do have some grief. It does allow us to enjoy knowing when life is better. I would hate to think of reaching a point where happy got dull.

That would really be a bad thing if we were so happy all the time we just yawned with something good happened. Or maybe I'm the only one inclined to think in those terms.

And the one thing we all know is that there isn't any reason to presume life will ever reach that kind of level of existence. I don't imagine even if some aliens were to invade and do so for the best of reasons we could expect perfection or even close. Heck if they are smart and have managed that kind of society then they wouldn't want to come here and mess it up.

Plus on the practical side, let's be honest. If suddenly we were to achieve any type of utopia it would spell disaster to so many industries. Think about it. Who would need drugs, booze, soap operas and most of the crap we buy to help us forget life if it was perfect in any way.

Could we really handle life where all those people who work so hard giving us the different forms of self abuse were forced out of business? So if for no other reason than just to keep them employed I guess we will have to keep enduring all those pesky current despairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home