Sunday, September 10, 2006

THE LAST TIME

One thing you know with this comment is that you are talking about something you've done before and actually remember it. Which hopefully is because it is a good thing and not a bad one.

The last time for me is normally a good thing. Well that is the thing I choose to remember most of the time.

I don't know, but trying to remember the bad crap is just depressing. Mainly because most of the bad stuff has to do with blunders on my part and who needs to spend time beating themselves up. That is unless it is your idea of fun, which it isn't for me. I prefer to let others have that fun as for me, I just would rather concentrate and savoring the good moments.

There is another form or last time naturally. That is the one you recall when dealing with somebody. Those last times are mental sign posts. Some of them say "Warning, dirty rotten skunk of a liar ahead, detour, detour." Other times it says, "Sucker, sucker, come and take anything you want when you want it." There are others too of course. But time and space don't allow me to mention them all.

Still in the case of the last times when it involves another person you do have to remember both the good and the past. Providing the bad times don't involve when you looked like an idiot. Those are a marginal call too me.

I know it sounds complicated, but it really isn't. The important thing is basically self defense. If that takes a bit of denial's paint, then paint away.

Now I say all of that because life has way too many repeat experiences. You can't avoid them. It is just a matter of how you decide to cope.

See the one thing I know is that if you allow yourself to dwell on the details of a blunder it will more than likely end up affect your thinking. It can erode your confidence and affect the future.

That is why I find it helpful for the sake of the future and current to be sure you don't let those last times with a downturn of joy control your day or thought. It just never comes to a great end.

Whereas in the process if you set aside those blundering moments and simply concentrate on what do I do now you can hopefully be happy that this time around you can end with a smile. That will result in the next time you can look back on the last time with joy instead of saying "oh god, not again."

So call it a game. Call it silliness. But whatever you call it, just remember if you don't follow it then you can expect me to be the one sipping on the coffee shop with a smile while you are sitting there depressed because you told the truth and I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home